*BYO chairs and toppings for the film as we will supply spelt pizza bases.
If you are interested, please join our event on the LETS Trade Day Kuranda and or the Kuranda Sprouts Seed Savers to let us know if you are attending.
New to all of this?
It is fun, to say the least and straight forward...LETS is all about trading; buying and selling goods and services for Bartles rather than spending the Aussie Dollar. Trade events are held in many locations across the north. There is probably one near you this week! What to bring to Trade events:
- Meal to share if applicable
- Trading Record Sheet and pen
- Any goods you wish to trade
- Promotional material of any services you are offering if applicable
- $20 fee if you don’t yet have a LETS account or sign up online first here!
The website has recently been updates and easy to use, which allow you to barter online in between LETS monthly meetings. Users advertise the goods and services that they want to trade, both offers and requests. It is easy to trade in LETS because you don’t have to save up for what you want (unlike cash transactions).
Advantages of a LETSystem:
- You don’t need dollars. all you need is something to trade – produce, goods, a skill, a service, time, muscle, knowledge, tools, anything that someone else might want. LETS is based on the idea that everybody has something valuable to offer.
- There is no interest. If your account is in debit, you pay no interest. If it is in credit you get no interest.
- You can’t get into debt. If your account is in debit it just means that you are making a promise to supply something in the future. The whole system always adds up to zero. The bartles just go round and round inside the system
Seed Savers meetings are an opportunity to learn more about locally grown plants, swap planting material, ask questions, share with and learn from other gardeners, preserve traditional and locally-suited plants (especially seeds). This is an informal gathering of gardeners - everyone is welcome, including those new to the area and to growing food.