D.I.Y 3000L EARTHBAG WATER TANK September 2015 Fri 25th to Mon 28th (school holidays)
200 420 A$180.00 - A$420.00
Join us for this 4-day course to learn the theory and gain practical experience to build a water tank using the Earthbag natural building technique. Water is essential to life and storing it for self-sufficiency is important. Tanks are often expensive and require transport to deliver it, so this is an exciting opportunity to gain the skills to confidently build a water tank on your property Do It Yourself (D.I.Y), whatever size you need and with a minimal cost. As minimal as $300 for a 3000L tank!
* Discount ticket fee available for couples participating in the workshop together. Please contact us for more details.
During this workshop, you will:
· Learn each step of construction for building an Earthbag water tank using polypropylene tubing
· Learn how to make a domed ferrocement roof
· How to source the inexpensive materials to make your own
· Get a cost analysis of the total expense to build this 3000L water tank
· Course notes to take home and DIY
· Tools and techniques to work with Earthbag so you can construct and render other projects such as retaining walls, garden edging, pizza ovens and more.
Unlike plastic, Earthbag water tanks will not blow away in a cyclone, break down from UV rays or release plastic chemicals into the water. Tanks like this should last decades with minimal maintenance.
The lack of clean water kills around 3.4 million people every year. Water scarcity is a very serious problem in many parts of the world. Capturing roof water and storing it in water tanks is one of the lowest costs, easiest ways of obtaining safe drinking water for everyday living usage.
All meals, materials and resources are included with optional camping. Alternative payment methods such as direct debit, cash and LETS Bartles are available if you do not wish to use the Paypal or Credit Card options above. These details are listed on the registration form.
Please read the important workshop information about your teachers, venue, accommodation, catering, arriving and leaving times, what to bring with you, deposit and payment details, refunds and cancellation policy. The registration form is available from this page.